Espen Egil Hansen Joins Labrador CMS as Chair of Board
International media executive & former editor-in-chief to lead the board as Labrador CMS expands globally
Labrador CMS has announced that Espen Egil Hansen will be the new Chair of the Board. Hansen is a seasoned international media executive and former editor-in-chief and CEO of Norway's largest newspaper. Labrador CMS is a cloud-based content management system designed for professional publishers that grow fast. Besides offering fast publishing and hosting capabilities, the system integrates cutting-edge AI-assisted editing tools aimed to streamline the editorial process in magazines and newsrooms.
Espen Egil Hansen
- Former editor-in-chief and CEO of Norway's largest newspaper
- Second Vice President of the Board of Directors in the International News Media Association
- Chairman of the board of the AI fact-checking editor Factiverse
- Made headlines in 2016 for his open letter to Mark Zuckerberg regarding Facebook's censorship of the iconic 'Napalm Girl' photo
(Factbox was auto generated by Labrador CMS based on the body text in this article. Title, subtitle, tags and SEO title too)
- Publishers around the globe have cut costs in newsrooms in recent years, but
many companies believe they have such special needs they still need to host
large in-house tech teams. Labrador CMS provides a modern alternative approach.
A CMS that includes all core functions for a newsroom CMS as a service (SaaS).
I am looking forward to joining the company in the effort to scale their
solutions to more newsrooms globally, Espen Egil Hansen said in a statement.
Expanding from the highly competitive digital media market in the Nordic, Labrador CMS is currently live on 241 sites in 9 different countries. So far this year Labrador CMS has launched one new site a week. Most customers are in Europe, and the company is currently working with several large online publishers in the APAC and Americas region.
- It turns out that our solution solves a global problem that solves the increasing complexity of the tech stack in media companies. We are happy and proud of getting Espen Egil Hansen on board this mission, says CEO Jan Thoresen in Labrador CMS.
Espen Egil Hansen is a Norwegian newspaper editor, CEO, and publisher. He was assigned executive roles in the serious tabloid newspaper Verdens Gang and VG Nett. He later was appointed editor-in-chief and CEO of the national broadsheet newspaper Aftenposten. Both are Schibsted papers where Hansen also held the position of Director of New Media Concepts.
Hansen was the second Vice President of the Board of Directors in the International News Media Association (INMA). He has been a board member of the Association of Norwegian Editors and chairman of the board of the online business newspaper E24.
He is currently advising strategies for digitalization and culture change for top management in media companies in Europe, Africa, and Asia. Hansen is the chairman of the board in the AI fact-checking editor Factiverse and recently resigned as chairman of the startup newspaper Shifter. He is also a board member of Equality Check. In 2016 Hansen made headlines for his open letter to Mark Zuckerberg regarding Facebook's censorship of the iconic “Napalm Girl” photo from the Vietnam War.
- Hansen's stance on free speech and his commitment to quality journalism align with Labrador CMS´s mission. Our AI-enhanced platform provides cost-effective quality content management solutions for publishers investing in hand-written quality content, says Jan Thoresen